Saturday, August 8, 2020

Baltimore Colosseum (2017-2019)


Property of Juan Rodas

Hypnagogia: Colosseum

Digital

2019 

40x20

After sitting with the image I decided to add some characters to the environment. I started thinking about these setting as if they were ancient ruins in the middle of a sprawling city and how real world locations like that draw tourists and therefore the typical tourist poses. 

 The idea of tourist locations stayed in my head so I began to think about creating some lovecraftian/cyclopian structures around my home of Baltimore. Simultaneously, I am becoming more influenced by work of Renato Nicolodi. All of that and playing with SketchUp led to this drawing. Along the way I become interested in the topic of archaeology which has influenced continuing work.


No comments: