Monday, September 16, 2013

Some progress on digital work

 For the time being the piece above is untitled. It began as a simple exercise to improve my Photoshop "draftsmanship". It eventually became something of a tableau melding a hypercube with the architecture influenced by the Colombian Palace of Justice.  The latter did not become an influence until very recently when I was listening to the audio book Killing Pablo and watched the documentary Sins of My Father as I was working on this drawing.

The pieces below are a continuation on the drawings influenced by the short stories of Jorge Luis Borges and the exciting states of mind referred to as hypnagogic/hypnopompic hallucinations.  The first and last began as hypnopompic hallucinations and were refined to present different points of views of the same dream paradise, at least to me.  The middle piece was more consciously composed in an attempt to recreate the ruins inhabited by the wizard of the Circular Ruins.  



No comments: